Search for (almost) any book
Moon Québec City (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Email or call for price
Discover the unmistakable joie de vivre and Québécois pride of this unique city. Inside Moon Québec City you'll find:
- Strategic itineraries including a walking tour of the best views of Old Québec, romantic weekend getaways, and a four-day trip exploring the best of the city
- See the sights: Browse the boutiques in trendy Saint-Roch, explore the city's history at the Château Frotenac and the Place Royale, or stroll the rue de Petit Champlain, one of the oldest streets in North America
- Get a taste of the city: Savor Québec's French roots at a gourmet restaurant, sample Quebecois delicacies like poutine, tourtier, and tarte au sucre, and get cozy in a bar with a mug of mulled wine
- Outdoor recreation: Bike to the misty falls of Chute Montmorency, whale-watch in scenic Tadoussac, or bundle up for some serious city sledding in the winter
- Focused advice from local journalist Andrea Bennett
- Full-color photos and detailed mapsand directions for exploring on your own
- Background information on the landscape, history, and French-Canadian culture
- In-depth coverage of Québec City's neighborhoods and suburbs, including excursions to the Île d'Orléans, Chute Montmorency, and Tadoussac
Expanding your trip? Try Moon Montréal, Moon Toronto & Ontario, or Moon Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island.
About the Author
Andrea Bennett is a National Magazine Award-winning writer and editor who work has been published by The Atlantic, The Globe and Mail, Hazlitt, and The Walrus, among others. Based in Montréal, she is the editor-in-chief of Maisonneuve magazine. Andrea holds an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of British Columbia, and a BA in English and French from the University of Guelph. She frequently visits Québec City for romantic weekend getaways and agritourism on Île d'Orléans and Côte-de-Beaupré.