Search for (almost) any book
Moon Pacific Northwest: With Oregon, Washington & Vancouver (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
May be in store. We'll contact you with availability.
Rugged mountains, wild coastlines, and dense forests coexist with vibrant, diverse cities in one of the wildest corners of North America. Explore the PNW with Moon Pacific Northwest. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible, strategic itineraries ranging from two-day getaways to Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver to a two-week Pacific Northwest road trip
- The best spots for outdoor adventures, including hiking, biking, whitewater rafting, and skiing
- The top sights and unique experiences: Hike through rain forests and alpine meadows, trek jagged ridges in the Cascade Mountains, or drive along the wild Oregon coast. Learn about the First Nations culture in Vancouver, catch a performance at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, or visit Pike Place Market in Seattle. Spot orcas in the San Juan Islands, or head up to Whistler to ski the powdery slopes. Taste world-class cabernets and merlots in wine country, stomp your own grapes during the harvest, and hop your way through local craft breweries. Grab a bite from Portland's famous food trucks, enjoy freshly caught salmon, or stroll along Vancouver's scenic waterfront
- Expert advice from Seattle local Allison Williams on when to go, where to stay, and where to eat
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, plants and animals, history, and culture
- Travel tips for international visitors, seniors, families with children, and LGBTQ travelers
- Full coverage of Seattle, the Cascades, the Olympic Peninsula, the San Juan Islands, Washington Wine Country, Portland, the Willamette Valley, Bend and Central Oregon, the Oregon Coast, Ashland and Southern Oregon, Vancouver, Victoria, and Vancouver Island
Sticking to one region? Check out Moon Oregon, Moon Washington, or Moon Victoria & Vancouver Island.
About the Author
Allison Williams received her bachelor's degree in biology and English from Duke University, and studied at Oxford University and an ethnobiology field school in Costa Rica. She worked as a writer and editor in New York City for eight years, including staff positions at Metro daily newspaper and Time Out New York. When the lure of the Northwest became impossible to ignore, she relocated to Seattle and has since realized two lifelong dreams: summiting Mount Rainier and poking sticks into the campfire without being yelled at.
Allison earned her MFA in creative writing at the University of Alaska Anchorage, where her fiction thesis won the Jason Wenger Award for Literary Excellence. Her journalistic work has been recognized with awards from the Society of Professional Journalists and a nomination from the City and Regional Magazine Association. As senior editor at Seattle Met magazine, she covers travel and the outdoors by hiking every trail and driving every road she can find on a map.