Search for (almost) any book
Moon Cancún & Cozumel: With Playa del Carmen, Tulum & the Riviera Maya (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
White sands and turquoise seas, cenotes and ruins, relaxation and adventure: dive in with Moon Cancún & Cozumel. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic itineraries from a Cozumel getaway to a week touring the length of the Riviera Maya, designed for families, honeymooners, ecotourists, history buffs, and adventurers
- The top attractions and unique experiences: Wander the ancient ruins of Chichén Itzá or climb the second-highest Maya pyramid at Cobá. Kayak through mangrove forests, snorkel with whale sharks, and dive into pristine coral reefs full of sea life. Sunbathe on the best beaches of Cancún with a margarita, indulge in a picnic of tacos and empanadas, or dance the night away in a vibrant club
- The best spots for sports and recreation, including sailing, fishing, kayaking, mountain biking, kiteboarding, and diving or snorkeling in reefs and in eerily beautiful underground cenotes
- Honest advice from seasoned adventurers Gary Chandler and Liz Prado on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from backpacker hostels and beachy bungalows to high-end luxury resorts
- Detailed maps and full-color photos throughout
- Thorough information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture, including a Spanish phrasebook
- Full coverage of Cancún, Isla Cozumel, Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya, Tulum and the Costa Maya, and Chichén Itzá
Expanding your trip? Check out Moon Yucatán Peninsula or Moon Belize.
About the Author
Gary Chandler grew up in a small ski town south of Lake Tahoe, California. He earned his bachelor's degree at UC Berkeley, and also studied abroad in Mexico City and Oaxaca. After graduation, Gary backpacked through much of Mexico and Central America, and later Southeast Asia, Europe, and the Caribbean. His first guidebook assignment was covering the highlands of Guatemala, which was followed by assignments in El Salvador, Honduras, Mexico, Brazil, the Dominican Republic, and elsewhere.
Gary has contributed to almost 30 guidebooks, many coauthored with wife and fellow travel writer/photographer Liza Prado. Between assignments, Gary earned a master's degree in journalism at Columbia University, worked as a news reporter and criminal investigator, and published numerous articles and blogs about travel in Latin America. He and Liza have two children and live in Colorado.
Liza Prado was working as a corporate attorney in San Francisco when she decided to take a leap of faith and try travel writing and photography. Ten years later, she has coauthored 20 guidebooks and written dozens of feature articles and travel blogs to destinations throughout the Americas. Her photographs have been published by Moon Travel Guides and websites like Gogobot and Away.com.
Since her first visit to the region in the early 2000s, the Riviera Maya has remained one of Liza's favorite places to travel. For this assignment, she dived on coral reefs and snorkeled through cenotes, climbed Maya ruins and toured monkey reserves, explored beach towns and fishing villages, caught a few local bands and listened to rock-star DJs--all with two kids in tow (well, at least part of the time).
A graduate of Brown University and Stanford Law School, Liza lives in Denver, Colorado, with husband and coauthor Gary Chandler and their children, Eva and Leo.